Hey everyone! With strawberry season arriving, this spin on a classic strawberry shortcake is a favorite in our house — and isn’t too much of a mess!!
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 or 2 pint(s) of heavy whipping cream or cool whip
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 pre-baked angel food cake (you can find this in most grocery store bakery sections)
- If you are making your own whipped cream — whip together your heavy cream, sugar and vanilla on high in a mixer. (If you have a metal mixing bowl chill the bowl prior to mixing…it makes a huge difference in the texture of your cream!)
- Clean and cut your strawberries as you please! I like to quarter the strawberries for layering and keep some halves for the top!
- Rip apart pieces of the angel food cake (great way to get the kids involved!).
- In a trifle glass bowl, mason jars, cups or even casserole dish layer – angle food cake, whipped cream or cool whip, then strawberries and repeat til you make it to the top!
- Add extra strawberries and whipped cream for decoration on top!
Voila!! Your dessert is complete!!
I hope you enjoy!!