As our Nation continues to fight the most recent Coronavirus Pandemic, parents have found themselves at a loss with the closures of schools, daycares and many educational businesses.
Many schools have shifted to online teaching, providing free lesson plans and online tutoring, and numerous networks that have taken the initiative to provide online teaching resources and educational games. Bellows a list of some FREE online tools to help us navigate teaching our kids from home!
- Scholastic– Free daily online courses for PreK-Grade 6+.The day’s lessons are filled with articles, videos, books and activities to do! Visit HERE to get started!
- Khan Academy– offering Schedule templates as guides, Khan academy provides lesson plans for the day for kids Pre-K-12. Visit HERE to get started!
- ABCMouse– for 30 Days, you can get access for FREE. Full online curriculums for ages 2-8. Visit HERE to get started! You can use code SCHOOL7771 to unlock their programs.
- Adventure Academy- Language Arts, Math, Science & Social Studies for ages 8-13. Get your first month for FREE! Visit HERE to get started!
- Have Fun Teaching- Printable worksheets, activities, songs, and videos for English, Math, Phonics, Reading, Science, Social Studies, and Writing lesson plans to print! PreK-5th Grade. Click Here!
- Take the kids on a VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP! with over 30 options, explore a new destination every day! Click Here for full list of Virtual Tours!
- Seussville– activities, crafts, and printables provide hours of Seussian ideas to engage your child in playful learning. Click Here!
- NYC Department of Education has also added Learn at Home Resources, including suggested activities and lessons, Click HERE!
You can find additional information at the following local District Websites:
Huntington School District
Half Hollows School District
Cold Spring Harbor School District
South Huntington School District
Harbor Fields School District
Commack School District
**Please let us know if you know of any additional resources we can add, as we will continue to add to this post**